Home of the North Pole Santa School, July 7 & 8, 2018, in Longmont, Colorado, USA
I will work with you every step of the way. Phone or contact me with the contact form on the left.
A North Pole Santa School is a unique opportunity for a group of your local Santas, Mrs. Claus, Elves and other Christmas characters to join together for a quality 2–day learning experience from an experienced, professional Santa Claus.
The concept is very simple — the teacher (me, Santa John Chilson) comes to you for a two–day class anytime through October. You do the organizing and promotion and save money and travel time. 10 to 20 students are a good size with no more than 24 students. This also helps keep the costs low for everyone.
I charge $50 per student with a minimum of $500.00.
In addition, you are responsible for my travel expenses (airfare, hotel, meals, taxi), school location rental, school promotion, school snacks and lunch, and student's books.
There are ways you can reduce these expenses — someone can pick me up at the airport, someone may invite me to stay in their guest bedroom, someone may invite me for a meal. All these things will save money for all the students.
Here is a list of what should happen to make your school a success. Don’t be put off because it looks like a big job. It really isn’t and I will help you any way I can. Just ask.
1. Contact other Santas in your area (within 250 miles) about scheduling a North Pole Santa School.
2. Contact me to “pencil” in your date on my calendar.
3. Reserve your location.
4. Calculate your registration cost to cover your expenses
5. Start taking registrations for students. I can email you a form. You should collect a 50% non–refundable retainer with each registration.
6. Let me know when you are ready to commit and I will email you a contract and an invoice for the $250 retainer. Once this is paid your date is locked in unless you need to change it and I’m available at your new date. However, the retainer is non–refundable if you later cancel completely.
7. Post the date and location and cost of your North Pole Santa School on various Facebook pages. I can help you with this.
8. Order copies of “North Pole Santa Claus Guide” from me at $10 per copy (Includes shipping, price is discounted from the $39.95 cover price). Allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery.
9. Coordinate with me on travel arrangements. You will make and pay for the final reservations for air travel and hotel. I travel from Longmont, Colorado and fly out of Denver Airport.
Here is a worksheet to help you estimate the total cost of the school and the registration fee you should charge.